Dr. Heakyung Kim was inducted into Columbia University’s College of Physicians and Surgeon’s Academy of Clinical Excellence (ACE)’s inaugural class alongside 118 of her colleagues.
About the Academy of Clinical Excellence (ACE)
The Academy of Clinical Excellence (ACE) was established to recognize faculty for their contribution to the College of Physicians and Surgeons’ Academic Mission through excellence in clinical care. ACE hopes to promote outstanding clinical care by recognizing deserving faculty and establishing them as models for the Columbia University P&S community.
For more about ACE, please visit here.
About Dr. Heakyung Kim
Dr. Kim is the:
- A. David Gurewitsch Professor of Rehabilitation and Regenerative Medicine and Professor of Pediatrics at the Columbia University Medical Center
- Professor of Rehabilitation and Regenerative Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College
- Professor of Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medical College
- Vice Chair for Pediatric Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Dept. of Rehabilitation & Regenerative Medicine
- Director, Pediatric Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Fellowship Program Director of Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine, Columbia University P&S/NYPH
Dr. Kim received her medical degree in 1984 from Ewha Woman’s University, College of Medicine, Seoul Korea. She currently serves as the A. David Gurewitsch Professor of Rehabilitation Medicine and Pediatrics of Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and Weill Cornell Medical College and Director of Pediatric Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Medicine at New York Presbyterian. Dr. Kim is board-certified and specializes in single event multilevel chemoneurolysis (SEMLC) with botulinum toxin and ethanol injections, botulinum toxin injections to salivary glands for drooling management, intrathecal baclofen (ITB) and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation.